Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 11, 2012


Whenever I find myself in the vicinity of one of my favorite thrift stores, if I have a few minutes to spare, it's so worth my time to dash in for a quick-see and make sure there isn't something really wonderful to be found. I know many people are turned off by the smell of thrift stores, but you must be brave and ignore that to find the really amazing treasures!





Translucent Walt Disney "Sorcerer Mickey" Playing Cards
Originally $8.00 - paid .99. Sweet!
Crate and Barrel Beehive Drink Carafe - value unknown
paid .99 (makes a great vase too!)

Custo Barcelona Designer Trench
Can't find exact match on web, but these run in the hundreds. Paid $39.00.
(Pardon the mustard leggings paired with this... I was too lazy to change!)

And from the back...

This is my love! Adorable red-checked vintage chair. Had a few
stains on the arms, which shampooed right out. Who knows what
this would have sold for new, but at one of our local church thrifts, it was selling
for $25.00. Luckily, I bought it on a 50% off day, so stole this chair
for a flat $12.50. Oh my goodness. You just can't make this stuff up!

Hopefully, tomorrow I can fit in a trip to the Goodwill. Lots to do though, between driving my Dad to his appts, and watching our grandchildren while our daughter goes to her appointments. Life is always an adventure, and never ever boring around here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment