Friday, February 26, 2016

February 26, 2016

Well, I've just discovered this blog of mine which has been seriously neglected over the last several years. Rummaging through my photos to see what sorts of lovely things I have found has led me to the realization that I am not thrift shopping as I once was! This is a bit sad, and I aim to remedy that and get out there again to find some treasures. 

Here is a wonderful vintage music box I found for $5.00 for our little Granddaughter Quinn. It is a delightful little toy, and I love Humpty's little face!
This next photo is of a bell I bought for my sister's birthday. When we were small, our parents had a bell which they would ring at the back door when it was time for us to come in from playing. She was big on bells actually. She also had a smaller bell in the house which she rang when dinner was ready! She was not a yeller like myself obviously. I'm not adding how much I paid for it because my sister might read this and I probably paid too much anyway! lol

This photo is of a vintage aloha shirt, which I bought for $40 steep dollars at a vintage shop. It was sandwiched in a rack of vintage dish towels and aprons. I loved the kitschiness of it, and thought it would make a great gift for the love of my life. Sadly it was too big, so I resold it for $150 on eBay. Yay me!


This victorian bird house was actually found by my son Adam who thought it might be good for our parakeet. It is lovely, but not spacious enough for our little guy, so I have it out on our porch. Actually trying to re-sell it, but have had no luck!

These were probably in most homes in the 50s and 60s. It is a glass ring mold, which I find from time to time. Good for Jellos, cakes, rice molds, etc. I think I got this for about $2 and resold for $10.

Here is one of my favorites! This pilsner glass is a duplicate of the set my parents had way back in the 50's and 60's. I love the retro-ness of it! I have a small set of these now, and this lovely photo is of one filled with a Mimosa! Yum!



This lovely entry light originally had a brassy hardware to it, which was quite ugly. I spent $40 on this, which my husband thought was way too much. I'm thinking he does not love my light as I do. My lovely husband repainted the hardware in a shabby black for me, despite his obvious dislike of the poor light, and now I have a very cool and amber-ish entry light! Gives off a nice glow too!

This is one of two candlestick holders I bought at a church thrift store. I paid "I think" $4.99 for the pair. They are iron and glass... they cleaned up beautifully!

Well, this has been a fun trip for me down memory lane. I have some other cool stuff I need to add, but will have to wait for photos first. Another day. May God bless your world, keep you safe, and bring you nothing but blessings all your days! Catch you later!



No comments:

Post a Comment